A leaseholder is someone with the right to possession of a flat or house for a fixed period of time, as set out in their lease.
The freehold on the property would be held by Axiom Housing Association. You'll have a legal agreement with us as the landlord that is called a ‘lease’. The lease gives you a long-term interest in your home and explains the terms and responsibilities that you are taking on.
You can get independent advice on your lease from the Leasehold Advisory Service at www.lease-advice.org or by calling 0207 832 2500.
Here are some frequently asked questions on leasehold properties.
- What is a leasehold property?
- How do I form a residents' association?
- I'm a joint leaseholder and wish to transfer the lease into my sole name. Can I do this?
- I have purchased a leasehold property, can I sub-let it?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- How do I report a communal block repair such as a broken light within the stairwell?
- How can I find out what my service charge pays for?